VietNamNet Bridge – On the morning of April 21, the Center for Conservation of Hue Relics opened the royal garden of the Nguyen Dynasty named Co Ha in the Hue Citadel to serve tourists.
The garden hosts over 400 rare bonsais of 49 artisans of the central province of Thua Thien – Hue. In the first day, the garden welcomed hundreds of visitors. Earlier, the Co Ha royal garden was opened during the 2012 Hue Festival.
In the Nguyen Dynasty (19th century), there were more than 30 royal gardens in the in ancient capital city of Hue. The Co Ha Garden was one of the five most beautiful royal gardens in the Imperial Citadel. It was built under King Minh Mang in 1837. It was then added with more plants and repaired several times under Kings Thieu Tri and Tu Duc. The garden was then left fallowed.
Rare bonsais in the Co Ha royal garden: